Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Pine View Quilt

Ok so i had to post this because it has taken me sooooooo long to finish it. Probably a little more than two years. I have the habit of starting projects and not finishing them in a timely manner. When I first started college I had all my sweatshirts from playing basketball and soccer in high school just tucked under my bed because they were all just getting worn out and dirty. I didn't want to get rid of them because let's face it, I have a hard time getting rid of anything that halfway resembles a memory. So I decided to make a quilt because then I could still have the memories, but they wouldn't just be old sweatshirts under the bed for the rest of my life. However, I could never find the time to just sit down and finish the dang thing. Kyle finally had to put his foot down and demand that I couldn't start another project until all of my old ones were finished. So without school taking up all of my time I finally finished it and am so excited. It didn't quite turn out as good as I wanted it to, but it was hard and I just wanted to get it done! On to the next project!

6 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

Good work Kim that's awesome! Good ol' PV!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Nice job, yeah some of those def. bring back memories! Those were def. the good ol' days huh? Man, I miss soccer. Nostalgia... haha I want to do that too. Wanna make mine ;)

Borchardt's said...

I LOVE it!! I wish I would have kept my shirts.. that is such a good idea..what a fun thing to do!! Your kids will love that some day!!

JeMM said...

that is awesome!!!

Jamie Neva Morris said...

Kimmy, I just love you! I'm so glad you agreed to marry Spikie. I think your quilt is great. You can help me do one now. That means I'll have to finally stop wearing one of mine. :)

Alton clan said...

that's such a cute idea! I love it...what a great way to preserve/save those memories and I think you did a great job for a 1st timer too.