Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Telling Families

I got pregnant in September, but I wanted to wait until Christmas to tell everyone so it could be their "Christmas present." We made some frames and were going to put an ultrasound picture in the frame with a poem that i've had forever. We didn't get the ultrasound picture in time though so I just put the poem inside the frames. It actually worked a lot better than my original plan. Here are the frames and the poem.



I do not have a face to see,
or put inside a frame

I do not have soft cheeks to kiss;
I don’t yet have a name.

You can’t hold my tiny hands,
nor whisper in my ear.
It’s still too soon to sing a song,
or cuddle me so near.

But all will change come May 30th
when they say I’m due.
I’m your new grandson or granddaughter;
I can’t wait till I meet you.

All I ask between now and then
is your patience while I grow.
I promise I’ll be worth the wait,
because of all the love we’ll know.

So as your waiting patiently,
please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
of this wonderful family.

Here is a picture of the frame with the poem inside.

2 comments:

The Meachams said...

Such cute frames and such a cute way to tell the family you are pregnant. And CONGRATS! :) So excited for you!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

way cute frames! and congratulations!! i'm so excited for you, being a mom is the best!