Friday, January 6, 2012

It's a....

I went for my first ultrasound today to hopefully find out what the sex of the baby was going to be. They told me I had to drink 32-40 oz. of water and keep it in my bladder for an 1 1/2 before my appointment. Worst experience of my life! By the time I got to my appointment I thought my bladder was going to explode it hurt so bad. When they called me back the nurse let me go to the bathroom. Apparently that rule is only for women who are less than twelve weeks along. Thanks for telling me! At first the baby was curled up into a ball with it's legs above it's head so we couldn't see anything. The nurse had a wait about ten minutes to see if the baby would stretch out. When the nurse came back the baby had moved just enough to get a clear shot. It's a...GIRL!! I knew it was going to be!

9 comments:

Borchardt's said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you!! That is so fun!! I only have boys but i am pregnant with my first girl as well and i am so excited!! Good luck with everything!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Congratulations!! I didn't know you were pregnant. SO SO excited for you. Girls are super fun. It's nice to have a girl for the oldest too cuz they love to help with the next ones... Congrats Congrats!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

CONGRATS!! girls are so much fun, i'm so happy for you. i didn't know about that 12 week rule... both times when we went to find out the gender i had drank (drunk?) so much it was ridiculous!

Kristin said...

Congrats! That is so fun Kim! That made me laugh about the water thing... I don't remember drinking a lot, but it probably would've helped since we didn't even know for a long time! :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! THAT IS SO GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is sooo exciting! I am so excited for you!!

Also, I have a questions for you - how did you make your t-shirt quilt?? I have the same problem with all of my old sweaters and shirts (and my husbands) but I can't toss them! Is there a website or something to find directions!?

Alton clan said...

OH I am SOOOO excited!!!!! You are going to be the greatest mom ever!!!! SO Happy for you guys...and poor Kyle will be wrapped around her little finger :) YAH!!! b.t.w. I think you should sell your frames that you make cause they're amazing...like on etsy or something.

Heather said...

I'm a few months late, but CONGRATS!! Wahoo!! When I was pregnant everyone told me girls are the best, and not that I have a boy to compare it to, but it's pretty true. hope all is well!

Josh and Kensey said...

HOW FUN!! Girls are so so fun!! I'm so excited for you!!